This position provides an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented and resourceful individual to join TransGaming's crack IT team. The Helpdesk Specialist will be keen to contribute to the IT team’s reputation for outstanding availability, performance and service. Primarily a helpdesk role, there will be ample opportunity to assist the IT team with non-helpdesk work, including DevOps and/or System Administration tasks.
- Per-request support for network services
- Triage IT help requests and problem reports
- New user orientation
- Workstation Administration
- OSX, Windows and Linux support
- Configuration management
- Provisioning and support for laptops and desktop PCs
- Inventory management and record-keeping
- Software license management
- Disposal of electronics
Assist with System Administration
- Install servers and configure hardware, storage, services, etc. in accordance with standards and project requirements
- Participate in the evaluation, planning, documentation and implementation of new computing resources
- Clearly and regularly communicates progress on assigned tasks
- Able to balance project work with helpdesk work
- Can accept direction, and speak openly when direction isn’t clear or questionable
Required Skills and Qualifications
- College diploma or equivalent experience, plus 2-3 years industry experience
- Proficient at defining, documenting, troubleshooting, escalating and resolving user support requests
- Operating System enthusiast experienced with OSX, Windows and Linux (experience with multi-boot and virtualization)
- Skilled network administrator, with competent understanding of IP network design (LAN/WAN/VLAN/ DMZ/TCP/UDP/NAT), management (DNS/DHCP/ARP), network browsing (AFP/SMB/WINS/CIFS/ NFS), domain administration (OpenLDAP, Active Directory) and VPNs (IPSec/PPTP/L2TP)
- Linux system administration experience, knowledgeable with file system permissions and modes, service control, process management and shells
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your resume at email@example.com.
No Agency calls please.
TransGaming Inc. is the global leader in the multiplatform deployment of interactive entertainment. TransGaming works with the industry's visionary technology developers including Google, Intel and Apple, as well as leading game publishers such as Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Take-Two Interactive to enable and distribute games for Smart TV set-top boxes, the Mac platform, and the web. Headquartered in Toronto, TransGaming is a rapidly-growing innovator in the multi-billion dollar video games sector, expanding its brilliant team with only the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Being a part of the TransGaming team means being a part of the exciting future of interactive entertainment across multiple platforms. TransGaming employees have the opportunity to work with some of the world's best known game franchises, including Dragon Age, Grand Theft Auto, The SIMS, EVE Online, World Poker Tour, and many more. The company’s partnerships allow our team to work with revolutionary new technologies before they become available to the public.
TransGaming Inc. is an entrepreneurial company that fosters tightly knit teams and offers a high level of industry experience and exposure to its employees. The dynamic and creative company culture promotes a fun and interactive work environment that integrates video games and video game culture into company activities and events throughout the year. For anyone with a high level of skill, enthusiasm and love of gaming, TransGaming allows for endless possibilities!