We're looking for a talented and passionate test developer to join our team that is building cloud-based web services and applications to support systems including GameTree TV, the digital entertainment platform that is defining gaming and interactive entertainment on next-generation Smart TV and IPTV systems.
We're looking for someone to test our front-end webapps (both internally and externally facing) as well as our set of scaleable backend infrastructure applications (REST services, publishing, support, reporting). You'll need to not just test this variety of systems, but to break them with both functional as well as large-scale load testing. We’re talking full-on fold, spindle, and mutilate.
You'll need to be comfortable working the spectrum from testing plans, manual and automated testing, to scripting test drivers and test tools. All your work will be done in close collaboration with the development team.
- Design and execute test and qualification procedures for GameTree TV's server-side backend applications and web applications
- Assist in narrowing and diagnosing defects through functional results, SQL data queries, and log analysis
- Work closely with TransGaming's cloud operations team on issues relating to scalability
- Assist in testing additional corporate, community and e-commerce web systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3 or more years of testing experience on both front-end and back-end web applications
- Scripting or light development experience preferred (we'll need drivers and automated testing tools)
- Experience with Httpperf (or equivalent load-testing driver) preferred
- Experience with large-scale, distributed, 24x7 systems
- Experience with SQL queries and web service testing
- Experience in light Linux systems administration (QA environment setup)
- Experience in light database administration (QA environment setup)
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus
- Ability to work on tasks independently
- Full project lifecycle experience
- Ability to co-ordinate well in a small, agile-oriented team environment, working closely with the development group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your resume at email@example.com.
No Agency calls please.
TransGaming Inc. is the global leader in the multiplatform deployment of interactive entertainment. TransGaming works with the industry's visionary technology developers including Google, Intel and Apple, as well as leading game publishers such as Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Take-Two Interactive to enable and distribute games for Smart TV set-top boxes, the Mac platform, and the web. Headquartered in Toronto, TransGaming is a rapidly-growing innovator in the multi-billion dollar video games sector, expanding its brilliant team with only the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Being a part of the TransGaming team means being a part of the exciting future of interactive entertainment across multiple platforms. TransGaming employees have the opportunity to work with some of the world's best known game franchises, including Dragon Age, Grand Theft Auto, The SIMS, EVE Online, World Poker Tour, and many more. The company’s partnerships allow our team to work with revolutionary new technologies before they become available to the public.
TransGaming Inc. is an entrepreneurial company that fosters tightly knit teams and offers a high level of industry experience and exposure to its employees. The dynamic and creative company culture promotes a fun and interactive work environment that integrates video games and video game culture into company activities and events throughout the year. For anyone with a high level of skill, enthusiasm and love of gaming, TransGaming allows for endless possibilities!