We're looking for an outstanding web development manager with that rare combination of deep design experience, hands-on technical skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience in building high performing, scalable and extensible systems. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact in the context of a small, highly effective, and nimble web development team.
In this role, you will lead the team responsible for all of TransGaming's cloud-based infrastructure applications, including GameTree TV, the digital entertainment platform that is defining gaming and interactive entertainment on next-generation Smart TV and IPTV systems. You'll work in close co-operation with service operators all over the world to integrate GameTree TV smoothly into their latest offerings. Closer to home, you'll work with TransGaming's production and game development teams to design and deliver new features to enhance community and social experiences.
As a manager, you must be experienced in all phases of web project development, and you must understand how to bring out the best in your team as you lead them.
- Leading the TransGaming web development team in design and development of web applications and a range of scaleable backend services. The infrastructure you'll be responsible for includes REST services, content management, publishing, event processing, support and reporting webapps, as well as customer-facing webapps and the corporate websites.
- Architecture and specification of new features to meet product roadmaps
- Overseeing internal and external project dependencies, risks and critical paths
- Working with business partners and third-party technology/cloud host providers to build resilient, secure web application infrastructure
- Overseeing engineering of client-to-site and site-to-site (b2b) ecommerce handling
- Co-ordination with development and systems administration teams in dealing with systems that process large volumes of data in real-time
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 6-10 years of industry experience, dealing with web application design and programming of real-time data services, including at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented design and programming
- Extensive experience with SQL database modeling
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with LAMP-style environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python) - Django experience preferred
- Experience building high-scale, high-reliability products - e-commerce experience preferred
- Experience in horizontally scalable cloud-based system deployments
- Experience with Splunk data collection tools would be an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agency calls please.
TransGaming Inc. is the global leader in the multiplatform deployment of interactive entertainment. TransGaming works with the industry's visionary technology developers including Google, Intel and Apple, as well as leading game publishers such as Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Take-Two Interactive to enable and distribute games for Smart TV set-top boxes, the Mac platform, and the web. Headquartered in Toronto, TransGaming is a rapidly-growing innovator in the multi-billion dollar video games sector, expanding its brilliant team with only the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Being a part of the TransGaming team means being a part of the exciting future of interactive entertainment across multiple platforms. TransGaming employees have the opportunity to work with some of the world's best known game franchises, including Dragon Age, Grand Theft Auto, The SIMS, EVE Online, World Poker Tour, and many more. The company’s partnerships allow our team to work with revolutionary new technologies before they become available to the public.
TransGaming Inc. is an entrepreneurial company that fosters tightly knit teams and offers a high level of industry experience and exposure to its employees. The dynamic and creative company culture promotes a fun and interactive work environment that integrates video games and video game culture into company activities and events throughout the year. For anyone with a high level of skill, enthusiasm and love of gaming, TransGaming allows for endless possibilities!