We're looking for talented and passionate developers to join our team in building cloud-based web services and applications to support systems including GameTree TV, the digital entertainment platform that is defining gaming and interactive entertainment on next-generation Smart TV and IPTV systems.
Our application suite spans content management, publishing, REST services, event processing, support and analysis tools. There is a set of scaleable backend infrastructure components as well as internal and externally facing web applications, built on a combination Django and Twisted along with other open-source tools such as Redis, Celery for messaging, and Varnish for front-end caching.
- Design and implement Python server-side tools and applications to support GameTree TV client deployments, our Content Management System and other back-end tools
- Integrate our Python-based billing, account, and catalog access components with deployment partners
- Work with partner developers to define API interfaces with an eye to as much consistency across partner integrations as possible
- Full lifecycle responsibility: design, implement, unit-test, defect fixing, and maintenance
- Interaction with external partners
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4 or more years of software development experience, including work on high load web applications with significant server-side components
- Quick learner, interested in new technologies and systems
- Python experience (Django and/or Twisted experience preferred)
- Experience with REST web services is preferred
- Experience with large-scale, distributed, 24x7 systems
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with SQL and database modeling
- Experience with MVC design and development, and with web programming frameworks
- Ability to work on tasks independently
- Ability to interact with external clients
- Ability to co-ordinate well in a small, agile-oriented team environment along with working independently on significant pieces of functionality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agency calls please.
TransGaming Inc. is the global leader in the multiplatform deployment of interactive entertainment. TransGaming works with the industry's visionary technology developers including Google, Intel and Apple, as well as leading game publishers such as Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Take-Two Interactive to enable and distribute games for Smart TV set-top boxes, the Mac platform, and the web. Headquartered in Toronto, TransGaming is a rapidly-growing innovator in the multi-billion dollar video games sector, expanding its brilliant team with only the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Being a part of the TransGaming team means being a part of the exciting future of interactive entertainment across multiple platforms. TransGaming employees have the opportunity to work with some of the world's best known game franchises, including Dragon Age, Grand Theft Auto, The SIMS, EVE Online, World Poker Tour, and many more. The company’s partnerships allow our team to work with revolutionary new technologies before they become available to the public.
TransGaming Inc. is an entrepreneurial company that fosters tightly knit teams and offers a high level of industry experience and exposure to its employees. The dynamic and creative company culture promotes a fun and interactive work environment that integrates video games and video game culture into company activities and events throughout the year. For anyone with a high level of skill, enthusiasm and love of gaming, TransGaming allows for endless possibilities!