TransGaming is seeking a Web Systems Administrator to lead the design, implementation and management of the infrastructure for our GameTree TV service. You’ll be building a world-class game delivery system for advanced set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
- Maintain and update the server infrastructure for a high volume game distribution system.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools for production systems.
- Elastic capacity design. Ensure that the systems scale up and down based on demand.
- Create configuration templates for cutting edge tools such as Varnish, Redis, and Django.
- Work with cable operators to enable secure web services communication between systems.
- Maintain data security and reliability across DB and NoSQL datastores.
- Tune systems to ensure rapid response times at all levels.
- Shared on-call rotation for 24‐7 support.
- Create operations scripts for system maintenance.
- Maintain automated test harness to deployments.
- Work closely with development team for new service deployments and existing system maintenance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience with open source application and Linux server administration.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 years experience with large-scale, distributed, 24x7 systems
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, RightScale a plus)
- Experience with build and test automation systems (make, autoconf, buildbot, rpm/deb packaging)
- Security experience with Firewall, Router, and VPN administration (Open VPN)
- Understanding of PCI compliance
- Strong scripting skills (sh, bash, perl, python, ruby, etc)
- Configuration and tuning of Apache, MySQL, Varnish, Redis, Django
- Chef or Puppet server configuration automation
- Splunk log monitoring
- NoSQL distributed database experience (Redis a plus)
- Strong python skills
If you are interested in the above position, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agency calls please.
TransGaming Inc. is the global leader in the multiplatform deployment of interactive entertainment. TransGaming works with the industry's visionary technology developers including Google, Intel and Apple, as well as leading game publishers such as Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, and Take-Two Interactive to enable and distribute games for Smart TV set-top boxes, the Mac platform, and the web. Headquartered in Toronto, TransGaming is a rapidly-growing innovator in the multi-billion dollar video games sector, expanding its brilliant team with only the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
Being a part of the TransGaming team means being a part of the exciting future of interactive entertainment across multiple platforms. TransGaming employees have the opportunity to work with some of the world's best known game franchises, including Dragon Age, Grand Theft Auto, The SIMS, EVE Online, World Poker Tour, and many more. The company’s partnerships allow our team to work with revolutionary new technologies before they become available to the public.
TransGaming Inc. is an entrepreneurial company that fosters tightly knit teams and offers a high level of industry experience and exposure to its employees. The dynamic and creative company culture promotes a fun and interactive work environment that integrates video games and video game culture into company activities and events throughout the year. For anyone with a high level of skill, enthusiasm and love of gaming, TransGaming allows for endless possibilities!